[oe] Revert + apologies (was: Re: [oe-commits] Frans Meulenbroeks : lsof/lsof_4.83.bb: removed unneeded EXTRA_OEMAKE)

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 06:45:42 UTC 2010

2010/10/25 Andrea Adami <andrea.adami at gmail.com>:
> build breaks on do_compile after that commit
>
> Needs investigation
>
> Andrea

Oops.
Apparently this was not well enough tested. My sincere apologies!
I've reverted all the patches that removed EXTRA_OEMAKE = "".

What happened was that I was being told on irc that comparing the
output from bitbake -e before and after making the change was
sufficient.
I've tested one recipe more in-depth and that worked fine, then
further relied upon comparing the bitbake -e results.
This proved to be a sound method when dealing with EXTRA_OECONF.
Apparently however it was not good enough for EXTRA_OEMAKE and some if
not most recipes are not in my regular build (definitely the older
versions are not).

I'll try to peek into this later. Anyway, again my apologies for any
inconvenience caused and thanks to Andrea for reporting this!

Best regards, Frans