[oe] empty strings

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 08:43:12 UTC 2010

2010/10/25 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
> <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ping.
>>
>> people don't care?
>> I feel there are some issues in the examples below (and some easy
>> cleanup actions).
>
> If you dont generalize and pick and test a recipe at a time that would
> be much sane way to go with such changes.
> Sometimes they might look obvious but they may not be. So my humble
> request is to go recipe by recipe instead of
> some seding and grepping.

I will.

Actually one of the reasons for posting this was that someone perhaps
could say upfront something like:
"Nah this is sound, no need to waste time on this" (as actually done
by Robert in a previous email"

The other reason was that I hoped that some people would be triggered
to peek in their recipes and resolev things themselves.

And the 3rd reason was to get some feedback on things that look
suspicious or strange.
E.g. these ones:

apt/apt-native.inc:PACKAGES = ""  (this is a native recipe, isn't this
always the case for native recipes ? )
bind/bind_9.3.1.bb:RPEDENDS = "" (this one has a DEPENDS on openssl, I
would expect it also to rdepend on openssl in this case)
glibc/glibc_2.10.1.bb:  CPPFLAGS="" oe_runconf (I was wondering of the
resetting CPPFLAGS is useful, didn't really dig into this one)
ipkg/ipkg-native.inc:PROVIDES = ""  (hm, no provides)
psmisc/psmisc.inc:FILES_${PN} = "" (guess all files are added to other
packages, if that is so, should there be a line like this?)
tmake/tmake_1.11.bb:FILES = ""
ttf-fonts/ttf-hunkyfonts_0.3.0.bb:RRECOMMENDS_${PN}-dbg = "" (seems
somewhat strange to me)

Frans.