[oe] Can someone help me understand these errors I got in my build

J. L. vwyodapink at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 08:00:28 UTC 2010

When it was going through the final stages in my build I ended up with
some conflict errors and not sure if I understand how to fix this
properly. Do I just remove what its says is why it cant install one
file because another is trying to install the same file ? Or? But I
dont think I am understanding these correctly as I have never gotten
them before. I would really appreciate any help on this one so I can
get my image packaged now that everything is built. Also I can post my
image I am trying to build if that helps its a very bloated desktop
image, here is the error:

also I tried to clean it by doing bitbake -c clean and then bitbake
myimage but still same result.

| Collected errors:
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package kernel-firmware-down3 wants to
install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/lib/firmware/edgeport/down3.bin
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * linux-firmware
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package task-base-extended.
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package rt73-firmware wants to install
file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/lib/firmware/rt73.bin
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * linux-firmware
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package rt73-firmware.
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libnet.
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package glproto-dev wants to install
file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/include/GL/internal/glcore.h
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * libgl-dev
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package artoolkit-dev.
|  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following
dependencies for task-sdk-native:
|  * 	libdbd-sqlite-perl * 	libdbix-simple-perl *
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package task-native-sdk.
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/setuptools.pth
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/site.pyo
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/site.py
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/bin/easy_install-2.6
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/bin/easy_install
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python-twisted.
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gst-plugin-video4linux2.
|  * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/etc/device_table is
different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will
be placed at /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/etc/device_table-opkg.
|  * check_data_file_clashes: Package gpe-theme-clearlooks wants to
install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
| 	But that file is already provided by package  * gtk-theme-clearlooks
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gpe-session-scripts.
NOTE: Task failed:
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/UAV-Dimage-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.4216
NOTE: oestats: task failed, see
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/public/logs/task/7541484.txt
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of
/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes/images/UAV-Dimage.bb
do_rootfs failed
ERROR: Task 11 (/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes/images/UAV-Dimage.bb,
do_rootfs) failed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 11557 tasks of which 11540 didn't need
to be rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '/home/vdubhack/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes/images/UAV-Dimage.bb'
failed
NOTE: oestats: build failed, see http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/builds/85611/

Thanks as always !