[oe] Can someone help me understand these errors I got in my build

Graham Gower graham.gower at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 11:36:10 UTC 2010

On 2 September 2010 17:30, J. L. <vwyodapink at gmail.com> wrote:
> When it was going through the final stages in my build I ended up with
> some conflict errors and not sure if I understand how to fix this
> properly. Do I just remove what its says is why it cant install one
> file because another is trying to install the same file ? Or? But I
> dont think I am understanding these correctly as I have never gotten
> them before. I would really appreciate any help on this one so I can
> get my image packaged now that everything is built. Also I can post my
> image I am trying to build if that helps its a very bloated desktop
> image, here is the error:
>
> also I tried to clean it by doing bitbake -c clean and then bitbake
> myimage but still same result.
>
> | Collected errors:
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package kernel-firmware-down3 wants to
> install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/lib/firmware/edgeport/down3.bin
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * linux-firmware

These two packages cannot be installed on the same system. There are
two possibilities for fixing this: either don't included both packages
in the same image or remove the file from one of the packages.

> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package task-base-extended.

For whatever reason, the task-base-extended ipk cannot be found in
your package repository. There are many reasons why this may occur and
I will not speculate upon it.

> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package rt73-firmware wants to install
> file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/lib/firmware/rt73.bin
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * linux-firmware
> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package rt73-firmware.
> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libnet.
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package glproto-dev wants to install
> file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/include/GL/internal/glcore.h
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * libgl-dev
> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package artoolkit-dev.
> |  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following
> dependencies for task-sdk-native:
> |  *    libdbd-sqlite-perl *    libdbix-simple-perl *

The libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbix-simple-perl ipks cannot be found in
your repository.

> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package task-native-sdk.
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
> install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/setuptools.pth
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
> install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/site.pyo
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
> install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/site.py
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
> install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/bin/easy_install-2.6
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package python-zopeinterface wants to
> install file /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/usr/bin/easy_install
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * python-setuptools
> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python-twisted.
> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gst-plugin-video4linux2.
> |  * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile
> /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/etc/device_table is
> different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will
> be placed at /home/vdubhack/overo-oe/tmp/rootfs/UAV-Dimage/etc/device_table-opkg.

Two packages both provide the same config file. This should really
error out, but its only a warning at the moment because it would cause
too many breakages (the message printing is deferred until the end of
opkg's processing, like an error).