[oe] OE donations

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Sep 8 00:09:40 UTC 2010

On 09/03/2010 05:26 PM, Cliff Brake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is now a donation page on the OE website:
>
> http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Donate
>
> The funds will be used by the board
> (http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Organization) for various
> purposes, so please discuss with one of them if you have questions.  I
> would assume there will be some type of report published as to how
> money is spent, but again that is not my responsibility.

The treasurer (Florian Bloor) is responsible for presenting the eV's
finances to the membership. Typically, this occurs during a General
Assembly.

> Our immediate financial need is to upgrade storage on our server hardware:
>
> 4 new 1.5TB drives. Approx $1k

In the past the eV has received money to help pay people's travel to
events that benefit the project.

It would be nice to have money on hand so we can be more responsive when
the people working on the hosting need help.

Philip