[oe] recipe simplification questions

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:49:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> While browsing through a recipe I stumbled upon the following two functions:
>
> inherit autotools
>
> do_configure() {
>        oe_runconf
> }

if you look into autotools bbclass then you will see that do_configure
does much more it regenerates the configure scripts before it runs
sometimes thats not a viable option we just want to use whatever
configure is provided in tar and that is what this does.

> do_install() {
>        make install DESTDIR=${D}
> }

this if used in a recipe which inherits autotools could be for getting
parallelism out of context during install but not during compile.
again this kind of stuff should be avoided.