[oe] patch to fix libstdc++ problem, was Re: Images no longer automatically include libstdc++6

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 12:49:38 UTC 2010

2010/9/12 Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>:

> If the DISTRO is not maintained, maybe it should be cleaned up and left
> around to confuse people who think it should work well.

Philip,

I hope you wanted to say "...cleaned up and NOT left around..."
Otherwise it does not really make sense to me.

BTW: I already tried to identify distro maintainers and unmaintained
distros. See [1]
I still feel it is a good plan to either remove unmaintaned distros,
or move them (and the files that are specific to those distros) to an
unmaintained directory.
However it was even impossible to create consensus to remove files in
distro/include that were not used by any distro (and most likely not
maintained either) See [2]

[1] http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2010-August/022698.html
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded/35427/focus=35946

Frans.

PS: and if anyone would need it, it would still be availalble in git
as well as in the stable/2009 branch. I can also imagine that we
create a tag before actually cleaning up.