[oe] patch to fix libstdc++ problem, was Re: Images no longer automatically include libstdc++6

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sun Sep 12 13:04:27 UTC 2010

On 09/12/2010 08:49 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/9/12 Philip Balister<philip at balister.org>:
>
>> If the DISTRO is not maintained, maybe it should be cleaned up and left
>> around to confuse people who think it should work well.
>>

> Philip,
>
> I hope you wanted to say "...cleaned up and NOT left around..."
> Otherwise it does not really make sense to me.

I did. I am not functioning on a full load of coffee.

Seriously, some people may be attached to those distro's. However, if
they are not using OISTRO_PR to force rebuilds may be due to their use
case being different from say Angstrom. DISTRO_PR is useful for people
maintained feeds for end users. Some of the DISTRO's without it, may
just build images from clean builds as needed, so they don't really need
it, and won't need the PR bump being discussed.

Philip