[oe] using klibc shared objects

pieterg pieterg at gmx.com
Wed Sep 15 18:53:55 UTC 2010

I have an initramfs image which contains a few klibc utils, and a custom
executable (which displays a progress bar).
I'm not using klibc-static, because the total size of all static klibc utils
and the custom binary is much larger than klibc.so plus dynamically linked
binaries.

However, with one of the recent klibc recipe rewrites, the klibc package now
contains ~5.3MB of header files. These end up in my initramfs image, making
it quite big.

What would be the best solution (if I don't want to switch to static
linking)? Should we perhaps move the header files to klibc-dev?

Rgds, Pieter