[oe] using klibc shared objects

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 21:19:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 8:53 PM, pieterg <pieterg at gmx.com> wrote:
> I have an initramfs image which contains a few klibc utils, and a custom
> executable (which displays a progress bar).
> I'm not using klibc-static, because the total size of all static klibc utils
> and the custom binary is much larger than klibc.so plus dynamically linked
> binaries.

This can happen, it all depends on how many binaries.

> However, with one of the recent klibc recipe rewrites, the klibc package now
> contains ~5.3MB of header files. These end up in my initramfs image, making
> it quite big.
>
> What would be the best solution (if I don't want to switch to static
> linking)? Should we perhaps move the header files to klibc-dev?
>
> Rgds, Pieter

In the first version there was an error about this.
Pls retry and pull klibc_1.5.20-r1 which has been fixed (it seems).

Regards

Andrea
RDEPENDS_klibc:..
PKG_klibc: klibc
FILES_klibc: /lib/klibc-*.so

RRECOMMENDS_klibc-dev: klibc-dev
PKG_klibc-dev: klibc-dev
ALLOW_EMPTY_klibc-dev: 1
FILES_klibc-dev: /lib/klibc.so                    /lib/klibc/lib/*
      /lib/klibc/include/*                    /bin/klcc