[oe] script to remove orphaned files

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 06:14:08 UTC 2010

2010/9/16 Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>:
> Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>
>> The patches I just pushed are tested using bitbake -c patch for all
>> recipes as far as possible).
>> (in the recipes I pushed I could not test alsa-scenario_git.bb as it
>> didn't fetch for me and alsa-driver_0.9.6-hh4c.bb as it was for h3600
>> and h3900 only),
>
> Not to stop the work here, but is there a reason you couldn't do
> MACHINE=h3600 bitbake -c patch -b
> openembedded/recipes/alsa/alsa-driver_0.9.6-hh4c.bb ?  Yes, the initial
> parsing sucks but I think it's important for things like this to go out and
> find the case where a given recipe is supposed to work and make sure it
> still works.  "It didn't fetch" is a legitimate stopper (and I think
> candidate for moving to nonworking) of testing something.

I'll try the MACHINE = thingie tonight or tomorrow. Actually
originally I skipped this because I thought it will build me a whole
toolchain (which is quite time consuming) but thinking of it -c patch
will probably only require a few native recipes (like patch-native)
that already exists anyway, so it is limited to the parsing.

Wrt alsa-scenario: If it was not a git recipe I would have proposed it
for deletion, but maybe this is just a srcrev that does not exist any
more or so (after a merge).
Actually didn't check yesterday, but did so today, the git does not
clone for me.

frans at frans-desktop:/tmp$ git clone git://slimlogic.co.uk/alsa-scenario
Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/alsa-scenario/.git/

Will post a separate message about it

Frans