[oe] Minimum python version - 2.4 or 2.5?

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Mon Sep 27 12:00:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Martyn Welch wrote:

> Unless something has changed in he last few months, I think we wanted to
> support 2.4 for a little while longer:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg06143.html

Hmm, so RHEL5 is still using Python 2.4.

SLES10 is in the same situation, but installing Python from source worked
seamlessly for me. Maybe we could require RHEL5 users to upgrade Python.
Bitbake 1.10 also requires Python 2.5 and runs about 30% faster than 1.8,
so there's good reason for RHEL5 users to want to switch.

Mike