[oe] multiple kernels and images

Roman I Khimov khimov at altell.ru
Mon Sep 27 14:45:18 UTC 2010

В сообщении от Понедельник 27 сентября 2010 18:15:51 автор Frans Meulenbroeks
написал:
> So far so good, but how do I now get the right kernel in my sd card image.
> Basically both recipes create a package kernel, so adding kernel to
> the image does not work.
> Anyone an idea on how to fix this?

Once upon a time, when I needed similar functionaly, I've had a patch that
splitted kernel.bbclass to kernel_base.bbclass and kernel.bbclass where
kernel_base.bbclass did compiling and packaging but not renamed packages to
"kernel-..." (producing "linux-recipe-name-..." packages) and kernel.bbclass
behaved exactly the same way as it is today. So for "additional" kernels you
just required "kernel_base" and installed "linux-recipe-name-..." packages
while for the "main" kernel everything worked as before.

Unfortunately, that was about year and a half ago so even if I dig into my git
repos and find the patches they won't work with 100% guarantee, too many
changes in kernel.bbclass. I think it would be easier to reimplement that.