[oe] QtOpengl es 2.0 does not work on mips processor

Soumya R Soumya.R at kpitcummins.com
Thu Sep 30 14:04:01 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I have build qt4-embedded-gles in openembedded , by adding new recipe for EGL support which contains khronos headers and libraries and even the SDK is build .

I am woking on mips machine, which contains mali 200(GPU) driver.

Below is the configuration which i have done for opengl es2 support

-DQT_NO_QWS_CURSOR \
-DQT_QWS_CLIENTBLIT \
-opengl es2 -plugin-gfx-powervr -v -DQMAKE_LIBS_EGL=EGL\
"

Made some modifications in /src/plugins/gfxdrivers/powerr/QWSWSEGL/Makefile i removed lpvr2d and included lMali and even in .pro file.

I am using the rootfs which i build using openembedded where i check all the qt application which works fine but not qtopengl application.

when i run ./hellogl_es2 -qws

This the error i get

root@(none):/usr/bin/qtopia/examples/opengl/hellogl_es2# ./hellogl_es2 -qws
Panel(Samsung 800x480), 800x480
wm97xx-ts 1-0:WM9713,WM9714: No IRQ specified
************************************************** *******************
ERROR: In file: src/base/os/linux/mali_uku.c function: _mali_uku_open() line: 60
Failed to open device file /mnt/dev/mali
Please verify that the file exists and that the driver has been loaded

QEgl::display(): Cannot initialize EGL display: "Bad alloc (0x3003)"
QEglContext::chooseConfig(): Could not find a suitable EGL configuration
Requested: "type=es2 rgba=5,6,5,0 surface-type=window"
Available:

Then I inserted the mali driver insmod /lib/modules/mali.ko . Even after inserting mali driver , just a plain window will come up on the screen in which i can see only the slider and menu i can not even see the qt icon and i dont even get any errors in the console please see the log below,

./hellogl_es2 -qws disp
lay -mali.ko
Panel(Samsung 800x480), 800x480
wm97xx-ts 1-0:WM9713,WM9714: No IRQ specified
WARNING: Skipping PP version check
Panel(Samsung 800x480), 800x480

It just stops here..

Am I doing anything wrong please help me out to resolve this. Any suggestions is badly needed.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Soumya