[oe] R: Fwd: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: No such file or director

Bosi Daniele Daniele.Bosi at mta.it
Thu Apr 14 06:50:04 UTC 2011

Alberto,
it seems like your building system can't find your arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc compiler.
First of all take a look into your system to see if the arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc file is present. If the answer is true then check with the command

which arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc

if it is into your environment. If it isn't into the environment try to make a link to it into a path directory (/usr/local/bin for example) and try again to build with bitbake.

But if you are into the worst case that is the file is missing try the following commands:
bitbake -c clean x11-image
bitbake x11-image

If this doesn't work maybe you have to clean more rules (like task-boot and task-base) or clean the full tmp.1 directory (but I'm not really sure about that), surely do a backup before that.

Bye Daniele