[oe] Coordination for updating the XBMC recipe

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 16 08:22:57 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 16.08.2011, 10:07 +0200 schrieb Koen Kooi:

> Op 15-08-11 21:35, Paul Menzel schreef:
> > Dear OE folks and especially Koen,
> >

> > Scott Davilla from the XBMC project asked me for build instructions for XBMC for the PandaBoard.
> >
> > Currently the XBMC recipe does not build for the PandaBoard
> >
> > COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "omap3|ti816x"
> >
> > and 'virtual/egl' is not available for `MACHINE = "omap4430-panda"` in oe.dev. Additionally the recipe is quite outdated.
> >
> > This is a good occasion to update and clean up the current XBMC recipes.
> >
> > I have some patches locally and I build test the latest commits for `MACHINE = "beagleboard"` unfortunately still for oe.dev. On LinuxTag you told me that you also had some patches but they conflicted with my pushed commits.
> >
> > So what is the best way to go forward? Did you already do some work on this so that no wheel is reinvented? Please publish your patches somewhere. That would be awesome.
> >
> > Without knowing your answer I propose the following.
> >
> > 1. I try to clean up my patches and push them right to oe.dev? (I could also publish a tree on Gitorious where I am already registered.)
>
> OE .dev is a dead end, no use working there
>
> > Unfortunately I am only able to build test XBMC as I do not have a setup BeagleBoard or PandaBoard currently and no time to set them up.
> >
> > 2. Not having used meta-oe/oe-core it would be great if you could port those to meta-oe.
>
> Importing the current recipe into meta-oe and working on it there would be a better idea.

Looking more into it, it looks like `virtual/egl` is not yet available
in meta-oe or oe-core. So that would be quite an effort. Additionally I
only have a working oe.dev build setup right now.

Regarding the PandaBoard it looks like there is only `libgles-omap3` and
nothing for OMAP4. Is that correct?

Do you have some patches you could post somewhere?

Thanks,

Paul