[oe] [meta-oe] need to add some verfication package recipes

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 22 09:03:24 UTC 2011

Dear Noor,

Am Montag, den 22.08.2011, 09:53 +0200 schrieb Ahsan, Noor:

> I need to add some packages in meta-oe which are related to verification and benchmark. The packages are as follows. I just need to know in which directories the recipes of these package should go.
>
> 1. lmbench (Tools for performance analysis)
> 2. netperf (benchmark the performance of different type of networks)
> 3. iperf (measure maximum TCP and UDP bandwitdth)
> 4. bonie++ (filesystem benchmark tool)
> 5. izone3 (filesystem and disk benchmar)
> 6. dbench (used to stress the filesystem or a server to see which workload it become stuarated)
> 7. tbench (filesystem benchmark which generates load patterns)
> 8. toibench (multithreaded I.O benchmark)

there are some typos in the names above.

> Kindly suggest me to which recipes dir the recipes for these package should go thanks.

I could not find a category specifically for performance tools. Just put
them into `meta-oe/recipes-support/` and submit the patches. The
developers will tell you then, if they have objections. I think you will
always get more responses when sending in ready-to-be-applied patch.
Although it might be more time for you. :(

It would be nice if the oe-core folks can comment too in case these
recipes should go into oe-core some day.

Thanks,

Paul