[oe] `PR = "r0"`: Add or not to add?

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Aug 31 12:34:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 09:16, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>>> Well I don't, and atm I decide if it goes in or not.
>>
>> To sad. It's a lot easier to remember to bump the PR, when PR actually is in the recipe. Thus, including PR=0 will often remove one issue with patches.
>
> That's what review is for, no?

Review is to check for mistakes and dropping PR from new recipes just
makes hard for new users and put more work for people to review.

Please accept PR = "r0" on new recipes since it makes it more
consistent and easy to new users.

Regarding you being the person who merge things does not make you the
only one who does it. Remember we can easily fork meta-oe and start
another layer and marketize it here for users. Besides, we (OE
community) can ask for your permission to be revoked and also fix the
issue. I prefer if you refrain of being so arrogant sometimes.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br