[oe] fso-console-image problems

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:08:07 UTC 2011

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> What are you using?
> SHR-core or openembedded classic?

Don't know if I am honest - there is a (very good) wiki page I have been
following to build this ->
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Getting_started. I presume it is
openembedded classic since I downloaded all the stuff from that page
(git://github.com/openembedded/openembedded.git is the repository used).

As I indicated earlier, I successfully built the shr-image (GUI-based) -
it boots up OK on my smartphone, but I have no luck whatsoever with the
console (i.e. just cli) images - I tried two: "console-image" and
"fso-console-image", both unsuccessful (they do build, but my smartphone
is having problems booting up properly with these).

> If you are using shr-core you need to fix that file:
> openembedded-core/meta/conf/machine/include/arm/arch-armv6.inc
> to include support for armv6-novfp and add a tune file for the CPU of the
> htcdream and then require that cpu tune file in the htcdream machine recipe.

I don't know whether I would need this. I also discovered yesterday that
there is another openembedded git repository on freesmartphone.org
(git://git.freesmartphone.org/openembedded.git), but not sure whether
this is the same as the one I have been using...