[oe] fso-console-image problems

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:47:01 UTC 2011

> then you will like:
> bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel

Indeed!

> and to save defconfig you can use -c savedefconfig (not 100% sure it's
> available in linux-leviathan in OE-classic).

Nope, this doesn't seem available - it tells me "Nothing to do" and to
run "bitbake world" if I want something done (I like that attitude :-)
), so I had to copy the new file myself.

> You need to add right keymap to keymaps recipe and check that it's in
> /etc/keymap-2.6.map and then /etc/init.d/keymap.sh should load it for
> you during boot.

Hmm, in my rootfs I do have /etc/init.d/keymap and I just looked at that
script - it looks for either /etc/keymap-*something* or
/etc/keymap-extension-*something*. I have neither!

In the recipe directory (keymaps/files) there is a directory called
"htcuniversal" which has a single file called keymap-2.6.map:

#altgr keycode 18 = euro
altgr keycode 15 = tilde
altgr keycode 24 = slash
altgr keycode 25 = backslash
altgr keycode 32 = pound
altgr keycode 37 = quotedbl
altgr keycode 38 = apostrophe
altgr keycode 50 = question
altgr keycode 51 = semicolon
altgr keycode 52 = colon

Now, I have four questions:
1) how do I "activate" this keymap (provided it is the one I want);
2) it seems that in this file I could redefine *any* key I want. If so,
is there any man/doc page I can look at to educate myself, because I am
almost 100% certain that I would need to redefine some of the keys in
the "standard" setting.
3) How do I find the "keycode" numbers - is there a tool I could execute
(probably on my phone) to find a certain keycode when I press it so that
I could redefine it later (presumably in a similar file as the
keymap-2.6.map I listed above)?
4) When I do all the changes, do I just do the versioning "magic" (bump
up the keymaps PR) in order to trigger a re-make of the stuff I changed
(great trick that!)?

> This usually means that /dev/pts wasn't mounted during boot, I don't
> remember if htcdream was doing something weird but for palmpre GarthPS
> needed this:
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded/commit/?id=fcb43100609fcb955cfac6ad6b92d3b5ddf08c20
> and I'm not sure if somebody tested htcdream since then.. so check order
> of mountdevsubfs.sh and udev init if htcdream is using udev (not
> devtmpfs)

Hmm, I don't know what OE commit I have, but just checked my /etc/rcS.d
on the phone's rootfs - it seems that I have the (buggy)
"S04mountdevsubfs.sh" instead of "S05mountdevsubfs.sh". How do I
alter/change this (presumably by altering some of the recipes)?