[oe] fso-console-image problems

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:03:04 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 05:47:01PM +0000, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> > then you will like:
> > bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel
> >
> Indeed!
>
> > and to save defconfig you can use -c savedefconfig (not 100% sure it's
> > available in linux-leviathan in OE-classic).
> >
> Nope, this doesn't seem available - it tells me "Nothing to do" and to
> run "bitbake world" if I want something done (I like that attitude :-)
> ), so I had to copy the new file myself.

You haven't specify target I guess..
bitbake -c savedefconfig virtual/kernel

> > You need to add right keymap to keymaps recipe and check that it's in
> > /etc/keymap-2.6.map and then /etc/init.d/keymap.sh should load it for
> > you during boot.
> >
> Hmm, in my rootfs I do have /etc/init.d/keymap and I just looked at that
> script - it looks for either /etc/keymap-*something* or
> /etc/keymap-extension-*something*. I have neither!
>
> In the recipe directory (keymaps/files) there is a directory called
> "htcuniversal" which has a single file called keymap-2.6.map:
> #altgr keycode 18 = euro
> altgr keycode 15 = tilde
> altgr keycode 24 = slash
> altgr keycode 25 = backslash
> altgr keycode 32 = pound
> altgr keycode 37 = quotedbl
> altgr keycode 38 = apostrophe
> altgr keycode 50 = question
> altgr keycode 51 = semicolon
> altgr keycode 52 = colon
>
> Now, I have four questions:
> 1) how do I "activate" this keymap (provided it is the one I want);

copy htcuniversal file to match MACHINE (so htcdream) and rebuild
keymaps recipe, don't know if htcuniversal is using same layout..

> 2) it seems that in this file I could redefine *any* key I want. If so,
> is there any man/doc page I can look at to educate myself, because I am
> almost 100% certain that I would need to redefine some of the keys in
> the "standard" setting.

Yes there definetely are some man and doc pages as this is not really
OE or embedded specific and also there is google you know.. :).

> 3) How do I find the "keycode" numbers - is there a tool I could execute
> (probably on my phone) to find a certain keycode when I press it so that
> I could redefine it later (presumably in a similar file as the
> keymap-2.6.map I listed above)?

dtto

> 4) When I do all the changes, do I just do the versioning "magic" (bump
> up the keymaps PR) in order to trigger a re-make of the stuff I changed
> (great trick that!)?

yes
1) add file
2) bump PR,
3) rebuild
4) test it on device,
5) update it on device if it's not 100% correct and then sync keymap-2.6.map
with htcdream in OE
6) send patch to OE ML

> > This usually means that /dev/pts wasn't mounted during boot, I don't
> > remember if htcdream was doing something weird but for palmpre GarthPS
> > needed this:
> > http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded/commit/?id=fcb43100609fcb955cfac6ad6b92d3b5ddf08c20
> > and I'm not sure if somebody tested htcdream since then.. so check order
> > of mountdevsubfs.sh and udev init if htcdream is using udev (not
> > devtmpfs)
> >
> Hmm, I don't know what OE commit I have, but just checked my /etc/rcS.d

And I cannot run commands (git log even) in your checkout so I don't know it too :).

> on the phone's rootfs - it seems that I have the (buggy)
> "S04mountdevsubfs.sh" instead of "S05mountdevsubfs.sh". How do I
> alter/change this (presumably by altering some of the recipes)?

Yes this is in initscripts-shr which are used only when you're building
SHR and shr-images, if you're still playing with fso- or default
console- iamges then IIRC normal initscript recipe is used and you have
to apply similar fix there..

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com