[oe] Problems with OE / Angstrom

Reuben Wells row at hopgarden.net
Sun Dec 4 19:18:14 UTC 2011

Hi thank you Stefan for your help with my prior question, which turned
out to be a problem in the repository.

A couple of additional questions:

1) If I use a console image from Narcissus, then I get console messages
sent to the serial port. Building my own image, I don't see any console
messages after the "Uncompressing Linux" prior to to a login prompt showing.

Dmesg output on my own image shows:
[    0.000000] Console: colour dummy device 80x30
..
[    2.375427] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 160x45

Where as an image from Narcissus shows:
[    0.000000] console [tty0] enabled
.
[   10.382202] console [ttyS2] enabled

My "uEnv.txt" file is the same in both cases. How do I force images I
build to send the console to serial port rather than the DVI display? (I
don't have a monitor attached to the Beagleboard).

2) Using the online package browser
(http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/) it lists "postfix", but
trying to build this via 'bitbake postfix' doesn't find the package.

3) Is there a way to build a set of Perl modules via bitbake e.g.
Encode::Detect, Net::DNS?

I'm currently trying to build these via CPAN inside OE/Angstrom
(BeagleBoard XE) and I'm hitting various compilation issues and missing
dependencies. Ultimately I'm trying to install amavisd-new, but this has
a long list of Perl dependencies and those that are pure Perl install
fine, but those that have compiled c modules fail. I have different
problems using the console image I have built versus an image created
via Narcissus, but neither work. Using my image, I get this error
message building a number of packages:

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.5.4/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:
this linker was not configured to use sysroots
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

4) ps and top show the message: "Unknown Hz value assume 100". What is
the cause (and fix) of this?

Reuben