[oe] [OE-core] Feedback on building openembedded-core for qemuarm. Excerpts from buildlog

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 22:51:08 UTC 2011

On (04/12/11 11:35), Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-12-04 at 12:20 +0100, Henning Heinold wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 09:03:46PM +0100, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> > > Have made some further tests with the same machine, but now running
> > > Ubuntu 11.04 x64
> > >
> > > bitbake console-image
> > >
> > >     PARALLEL_TASKS        BB_NUMBER_TASKS        BUILD TIME
> > >     2                                  2
> > > 1:24:16
> > >     4                                  4
> > > 0:48:22
> > >     6                                  6
> > > 0:45:00
> > >     24                                24
> > > C++ compiler fails with --sysroot problem
> > >         after ~2200 out of 2400 tasks.
> > >

> > > BR
> > > Ulf
> >
> > Hi Ulf,
> >
> > can you try the attached patch if it solves the problem?

Does this really fix the problem.

> Can someone please explain to me how this would fix the problem?
>
> If this were the issue shouldn't it either always work or always fail?
>
> I'm worried that even if this does "fix" the problem, there is a deeper
> issue lurking somewhere :(

We use --with-local-prefix and then also --with-gxx-include-dir which
points to /usr/include/c++

Now the documentation says that --with-gxx-include-dir is an absolute
path but if sysroot gets prepended to it or not I am not clear yet
if sysroot gets prepended to it then we should be in safe spot

> Cheers,
>
> Richard

-Khem