[oe] bitbake does not fail when QA issues encountered

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Feb 4 12:42:45 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 09:57, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I did not react on the libtool forcing upon everyone, but on
> the QA errors (where this thread was about).
> That was also the cause of the ostrich remark (which was definitely
> not aimed at you in person, but more a general comment, triggered by
> the fact that I have some experience with projects being outsourced to
> an unnamed country where a bug report also could be "repaired" by
> removing the message or the the symptom instead of tackling the root
> cause).
>
> What I see is a lack of interest in fixing the existing QA errors.
> I've sent out a few error reports to the list a while ago, (on recipes
> that I feel not comfortable with), but unfortunately that did not
> result in any action :-(

I think we ought to FAIL on QA errors. Distros can ignore the errors
if they want but OE as a whole cannot do that.

For me, this looks as a blocker for 2011.3 release.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br