[oe] bitbake does not fail when QA issues encountered

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:10:33 UTC 2011

2011/2/4 Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>:
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 09:57, Frans Meulenbroeks
> <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually I did not react on the libtool forcing upon everyone, but on
>> the QA errors (where this thread was about).
>> That was also the cause of the ostrich remark (which was definitely
>> not aimed at you in person, but more a general comment, triggered by
>> the fact that I have some experience with projects being outsourced to
>> an unnamed country where a bug report also could be "repaired" by
>> removing the message or the the symptom instead of tackling the root
>> cause).
>>
>> What I see is a lack of interest in fixing the existing QA errors.
>> I've sent out a few error reports to the list a while ago, (on recipes
>> that I feel not comfortable with), but unfortunately that did not
>> result in any action :-(
>
> I think we ought to FAIL on QA errors. Distros can ignore the errors
> if they want but OE as a whole cannot do that.

I tend to agree with this.
Actually it would be nice if insane.bbclass would allow a way to
specify which tests you want to do.

And, thinking of it, probably we should rename the class to qa.bbclass
or something like that
(or maybe split the file into a bbclass file per test, that way
distros can just inherit whatever test they feel is important for
them).

Frans.