[oe] bitbake does not fail when QA issues encountered

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Fri Feb 4 14:59:48 UTC 2011

On 02/04/2011 02:57 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> What I see is a lack of interest in fixing the existing QA errors.
> I've sent out a few error reports to the list a while ago, (on recipes
> that I feel not comfortable with), but unfortunately that did not
> result in any action :-(

I want to address this by itself for a moment.

Do you have time to grow your comfort level?  Did you find the (nominal)
maintainer unresponsive?  If we want to star making more things fatal we
need a few more of the people that are willing to go off and work on
everything.  The top-of-my-head count is 5 people and we've all always
got a lot on our plates.

I'll admit it looks daunting when you start at it, but it's just
software and at worst it'll just not build on your machine for a while :)

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation