[oe] bitbake does not fail when QA issues encountered

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Feb 4 15:52:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 15:26, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> The recipes at hand are:
> cups: there is someone bitching about that this is 1.2, but he
> apparently prefers bitching upon resolving the issue. Probably the
> best solution is to drop the DP = -1 from the 1.4.4 recipe

I can work on cups next week (I am on VAC right now).

> And yes, I could try to fix these myself. I used to work on everything
> and tried to fix things that were left dangling, but some people in
> the community are so unforgiving and negative if you make a mistake
> (which can happen if you work on something new to you), so I basically
> gave up doing that.

Frans, please refrain from repeat it. I understand your feeling and I
also got this unpleasant kind of response sometimes but the better is
just ignore it and keep doing the work.

If you can help fixing issues (whatever it is) it helps more people
then the ones that claims so it still helps more then it hurts.

Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br