[oe] bitbake does not fail when QA issues encountered

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Fri Feb 4 17:37:59 UTC 2011

On 02/04/2011 08:26 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

[snip]
> And yes, I could try to fix these myself. I used to work on everything
> and tried to fix things that were left dangling, but some people in
> the community are so unforgiving and negative if you make a mistake
> (which can happen if you work on something new to you), so I basically
> gave up doing that.
> (and yes, I know if it is something you're not familiar with a patch
> can be posted to the list, but unfortunately lots of times patches
> (especially for areas that are less mainstream) the response on posted
> patches is nil).

I am very sorry you have found this to be the case.  This is a problem
the project needs to address if we wish to grow and thrive.

My google-fu is weak this morning and I can't find the link to an old
LMKL post where Linus explains why sometimes it's important to very
flame very bad ideas.  But I would swear that part of it also did
explain that not every single bad idea needs to receive the nuclear
treatment.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation