[oe] libnl vs. libnl2 madness

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Wed Feb 9 10:46:11 UTC 2011

Hello.

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 11:20, Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 09-02-11 11:00, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > Hello.

> >> Koen spotted that it should be workig with libnl2 and a build test was positive.

> >> I have an patch removing it but this may have just to many sideeffects on our
> >> metadata. Koens pointed out that we maybe should switch the inc dir from libnl
> >> to a "wrong" place and leave libnl2 header at the correct place. Obviously we
> >> need to fix most of our recipes for libnl2 before such a step.
> >
> > To make this step less frustrating for current users I added the libnl2
> > includedir path for wpa-supplicant and iw in the recipe to get it working with
> > libnl2.
> >
> > After the release I would like to take it a step further and move the libnl2
> > header files and adjust only the few recipes that have not been converted to
> > libnl2. Which is of course also something I try to look at.
>
> I'm looking at what is needed to get networkmanager up to nl2, but it
> looks like we'd need to do the patches ourselves and get it into nm 0.9.

NM is a pretty big customer. As far as I got it from the ml the maintainer would
like to get it up to libnl2 as well but has other work to do.

NM is one of the things I really don't want to try working out a patch on my
own. Smaller things might be easy to do and I will look into lowpan-tools and
ibrdtn after the release.

regards
Stefan Schmidt