[oe] how to add multiple versions?

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Thu Feb 10 20:10:58 UTC 2011

On 02/10/2011 12:24 PM, AJ ONeal wrote:
> I've got
>
> nodejs-0.2.6.bb
> and
> nodejs-0.4.0.bb
>
> If I do
>    `bitbake nodejs-0.2.6`
> it builds 0.4.0 anyway with this message
>
> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide nodejs
> (/home/coolaj86/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/nodejs/nodejs_0.2.6.bb/home/coolaj86/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/nodejs/
> nodejs_0.4.0.bb).
>   This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should
>
> How do I make the file such that it knows one is different from the other?
>
> There's api breakage, so current users may want to continue using the 0.2.x
> branch. I don't want to remove that in favor of 0.4.0 quite yet.

There's a few ways to do this.  The first is to just put D_P = -1 on the
new version and let distros opt to upgrade everything at once.  The
second is to play virtual games like we do for libusb.  The first option
is easier to implement than the second and depending on how wide spread
the usage is might be the best route.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation