[oe] TSC agenda items for the next meeting

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 08:08:47 UTC 2011

2011/2/13 Graeme Gregory <dp at xora.org.uk>:
> On 13/02/2011 10:50, Koen Kooi wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> The new TSC is holding a meeting next week and we wanted to see if
>> anyone wants to suggest items we put in the agenda for the meeting.
>>
>> If you have such items, please let us know by replying to this mail.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Koen
>
> Re-inforcement of the "don't delete all old versions" policy, make sure this
> is in the wiki somewhere.

Not sure what you mean with re-inforcement and what policy you are referring to.
This topic has been discussed and decided by the TSC last may. See
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2010-May/020047.html
For now I haven't really heard reasons to deviate from it, and I think
there are more important things requiring the TSCs attention (like the
ones you mention below).
But I feel it is a good plan to make this policy more explicit in the
wiki, it is now somewhat hidden.

Then again if we work more towards releases the reasons for keeping
old versions might be less relevant.
and of course we could also decide to keep old versions in a separate layer.

What I QA wise would like to see is that all recipes (also old
versions) fetch and are building (for the archs/distros they are
intended for).
Non building recipes create a bad impression quite quickly.

Frans