[oe] Missing GLIBC_<version> tags on binaries

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Feb 25 20:14:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 20:00, Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 19:03 +0000, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> I am fighting with an issue for last cuple of days and after checking
>> a lot of weird stuff it seems that the root cause of problem is a
>> linking issue.
>>
>> I am having trouble with apps using semaphores. Those are lacking the
>> GLIBC_2.1 or similar tags and then doesn't work. I rebuilt the
>> application to check and it keep doing the linking wrong.
> Can you be more specific about what's going wrong?  I guess you are
> saying that your libc lacks the GLIBC_2.1 version of some symbol, but
> which one?  Does the problem show up during linking or at run time?
> Which binaries in particular?

It fails at runtime. The application I am compiling is freerdp and
sem_ symbols are not versioned, dunno why.

Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br