[oe] Missing GLIBC_<version> tags on binaries

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Feb 25 20:58:06 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 20:40, Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 20:14 +0000, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> It fails at runtime. The application I am compiling is freerdp and
>> sem_ symbols are not versioned, dunno why.
>
> Do you mean that the symbols aren't versioned at all, or that they are
> versioned but your libc.so.6 doesn't provide the versions that the
> binary is expecting?  If the latter, what versions does it have?

The binary lacks version for sem_post, for example. objdump -T show
the undefined symbol without the GLIBC_2.1 version. This happens only
with the sem_ methods.

> Is the libc in your sysroot the same binary (ie same md5sum) that you're
> using at runtime?

Yes the same ... in fact checking objdump of libpthread shows the
symbol with the version so I am lost about why it is not using the
version when linking.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br