[oe] QA issues with libvmime

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Mon Feb 28 18:52:10 UTC 2011

On 02/28/2011 07:17 AM, Nathan Harris wrote:
> I am working on a recipe for the VMime library (http://www.vmime.org/).
> My target environment is the Overo (Gumstix). Currently, bitbake is
> failing during the final QA. My recipe, patch and bitbake output are
> below. Hopefully, this error is familiar to someone. Thanks!
[snip]
> inherit scons
[snip]
> ERROR: QA Issue with staging: vmime.pc failed sanity test (tmpdir) in
> path
> /home/ppeimany/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/pkgconfig

So, what this means it that vmime.pc wasn't properly cleaned.  If you
add pkgconfig to the inherit list (which brings in
classes/pkgconfig.bbclass, take a peek at what it's doing) this will go
away.

Arguably we should make the error clearer and say, like the gettext one
something about missing inherit pkgconfig in the recipe.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation