[oe] QA issues with libvmime

Nathan Harris nharris at eoimaging.com
Mon Feb 28 20:48:21 UTC 2011

On 2/28/2011 1:52 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On 02/28/2011 07:17 AM, Nathan Harris wrote:
>> I am working on a recipe for the VMime library (http://www.vmime.org/).
>> My target environment is the Overo (Gumstix). Currently, bitbake is
>> failing during the final QA. My recipe, patch and bitbake output are
>> below. Hopefully, this error is familiar to someone. Thanks!
> [snip]
>> inherit scons
> [snip]
>> ERROR: QA Issue with staging: vmime.pc failed sanity test (tmpdir) in
>> path
>> /home/ppeimany/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/pkgconfig
>>

> So, what this means it that vmime.pc wasn't properly cleaned.  If you
> add pkgconfig to the inherit list (which brings in
> classes/pkgconfig.bbclass, take a peek at what it's doing) this will
> go away.
>
> Arguably we should make the error clearer and say, like the gettext
> one something about missing inherit pkgconfig in the recipe.

Thanks for the help.  Looking at the vmime.pc file, I can see that the
paths are wrong.

Unfortunately, when I added pkgconfg to my inherit list, cleaned the
package and then re-bitbaked, I still get the same error message.  I
verified that vmime.pc is removed during the clean process (along with
the other temp files).

I changed the inherit line of my recipe to read:
inherit scons pkgconfig

Here's what my vmime.pc file looks like after bitbake:

prefix=/home/ppeimany/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libvmime-0.9.1-r1/image/usr
exec_prefix=/home/ppeimany/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libvmime-0.9.1-r1/image/usr
libdir=/home/ppeimany/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libvmime-0.9.1-r1/image/usr/lib
includedir=/home/ppeimany/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libvmime-0.9.1-r1/image/usr/include

Name: VMime Library
Version: 0.9.1
Requires: libgsasl
Libs: -L${libdir} -lvmime -lgsasl