[oe] [RFC] linux 2.6.36: upgrade to 2.6.36.2

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Wed Jan 5 11:52:07 UTC 2011

Dnia wtorek, 4 stycznia 2011 o 22:12:29 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of upgrading the sheevaplug kernel to 2.6.36. I
> noticed the current version of 2.6.36 is at patch 1 but 2.6.36.2 is
> already out.
> Guess this needs some coordination with the other users. Currently the
> recipe says:
>
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "-1"
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_mx31ads = "1"
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_ts72xx = "1"
>
> Seems Petr, Eric and Robert are involved in these two machines.
> Care to comment on moving to 2.6.36.2 (or give it a stab)?

Long time ago (July 2009) I had similar RFC. In October 2009 I did mass update
for all versions.

I think that stable kernel updates should be applied without asking - but if
there are some patches for some machines in recipe then it needs to be checked
does it patch/build before pushing update.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz