[oe] [RFC] linux 2.6.36: upgrade to 2.6.36.2

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:51:35 UTC 2011

2011/1/5 Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl>:
> Dnia wtorek, 4 stycznia 2011 o 22:12:29 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm in the process of upgrading the sheevaplug kernel to 2.6.36. I
>> noticed the current version of 2.6.36 is at patch 1 but 2.6.36.2 is
>> already out.
>> Guess this needs some coordination with the other users. Currently the
>> recipe says:
>>
>> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "-1"
>> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_mx31ads = "1"
>> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_ts72xx = "1"
>>
>> Seems Petr, Eric and Robert are involved in these two machines.
>> Care to comment on moving to 2.6.36.2 (or give it a stab)?
>
> Long time ago (July 2009) I had similar RFC. In October 2009 I did mass update
> for all versions.
>
> I think that stable kernel updates should be applied without asking - but if
> there are some patches for some machines in recipe then it needs to be checked
> does it patch/build before pushing update.

There are. Both systems mentioned above have patches.
I've no idea if they will remain to apply after moving to .2. Of
course I can verify that, but if they fail I am not too sure if I can
fix things.
They are machines that I do not have.

Thinking of it, probably it is better to create a 2.6.36.2 recipe with
DP = -1 for all but my board and leave it to the mx31ads and ts72xx
machines to move to that recipe when they see fit.

Frans.