[oe] [RFC] linux 2.6.36: upgrade to 2.6.36.2

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Wed Jan 5 16:35:43 UTC 2011

Dnia środa, 5 stycznia 2011 o 14:51:35 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
> > I think that stable kernel updates should be applied without asking - but
> > if there are some patches for some machines in recipe then it needs to
> > be checked does it patch/build before pushing update.

> There are. Both systems mentioned above have patches.
> I've no idea if they will remain to apply after moving to .2. Of
> course I can verify that, but if they fail I am not too sure if I can
> fix things. They are machines that I do not have.

for mach in machine1 machine2;do MACHINE=$mach bitbake -b linux_2.6.36.bb -
cpatch;done

This will test does patches apply. If they are then push change, if they not
then check why - maybe they contain patches from stable update (edit them
then).

> Thinking of it, probably it is better to create a 2.6.36.2 recipe with
> DP = -1 for all but my board and leave it to the mx31ads and ts72xx
> machines to move to that recipe when they see fit.

Why not linux-yourmachine_2.6.36.2.bb then? linux_BASE_VER.bb recipes were
created to limit amount of kernel recipes, not to enlarge it.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz