[oe] Problem with calibration of AT91SAM9M10EKES

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Jan 26 09:40:25 UTC 2011

Hi,
I have some calibration problem with my private branch
(ulf/linux-2.6.30-2011-01-??) when building the at91sam9m10ekes board.

I am running /usr/bin/run-calibrate.sh,
but regardless of how I click, during calibration,
a tap afterwards always results in detection 3 mm above the tap.

There is a "pointercal" file generated.
It appears to me that this is ignored...
I can tap 1 cm above or below during calibration,
and still the detected tap is 3 mm above the actual tap.

I tried this on two boards, with the same problem!

I looked at 89xTs_Calibrate
There is no /etc/init.d/devmand  - What does this file do?

Anything else to think about?
I enclose  /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /etc/ts.conf.

xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
     Identifier "default"
     InputDevice "atmel-tsadcc" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier "atmel-tsadcc"
     Driver "evdev"
     Option "Device" "/dev/input/touchscreen0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
     Driver        "mouse"
     Identifier    "Mouse[1]"
     Option        "Buttons"    "10"
     Option        "Device"    "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

Section    "InputDevice"
     Driver        "kbd"
     Identifier    "Keyboard[0]"
     Option        "Protocol" "Standard"
EndSection

ts.conf:
# Uncomment if you wish to use the linux input layer event interface
module_raw input

# Uncomment if you're using a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500/SL-5000d
# module_raw collie

# Uncomment if you're using a Sharp Zaurus SL-C700/C750/C760/C860
# module_raw corgi

# Uncomment if you're using a device with a UCB1200/1300/1400 TS interface
# module_raw ucb1x00

# Uncomment if you're using an HP iPaq h3600 or similar
# module_raw h3600

# Uncomment if you're using a Hitachi Webpad
# module_raw mk712

# Uncomment if you're using an IBM Arctic II
# module_raw arctic2

module pthres pmin=1
module variance delta=30
module dejitter delta=100