[oe] Using ${DATE} in PR

Chris Verges kg4ysn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:55:51 UTC 2011

Using ${DATE} didn't work, but I was able to use a similar trick to
get this working:

BUILD_DATE ?= "${@time.strftime('%Y%m%d', time.gmtime())}"
PR = "r5.${BUILD_DATE}.0"

Perhaps because ${DATE} in bitbake.conf is declared without the "${@"
tag this causes a more "static" interpretation of the variable?

Hope this helps someone else in the future,
Chris