[oe] i18n problems with eglibc

Robert Brick bb1 at halebob.net
Mon Jul 25 20:34:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:08:08 +0100, Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org>
wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 11:26 -0500, Robert Brick wrote:
>> root at cpc3xx:/bin [1]# ls /nonexistent
>> ls: no se puede acceder a /nonexistent: No such file or directory
>> root at cpc3xx:/bin [2]#
>>
>> I was expecting to see:
>> ls: no se puede acceder a /non: No existe el fichero o el directorio
>>
>> The first part of the output has the es translation, but not the
>> second
>> part.
>>
>> Anyone have any idea why? Thanks in advance.
>
> It sounds as though the message catalogs for glibc itself aren't getting
> installed for some reason.  The first step would be to check whether
> that's really the case, and then I guess the second step would be to
> debug rootfs_ipk to find out why not.
I should have mentioned it in my initial mail.  I believe that the
glibc message catalog is installed correctly.

root at cpc3xx:/bin# ls -l /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/
total 232
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 110655 jul 23 13:57 coreutils.mo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 120808 jul 21 01:15 libc.mo
root at cpc3xx:/bin#

Is there any other file other than .../es/LC_MESSAGES/libc.mo that make
up the message catalog?