[oe] [pcm043 1/2] New machine pcm043 Phytec phyCORE-i.MX35

Jan Kobler eng1 at koblersystems.de
Fri Mar 4 09:52:18 UTC 2011

Hi Marc,

1. I have not found a libgles-mx31 either.

This seems to provide the binary openGL ES library for the i.MX31, like
libgles-omap3 for the beagleboard.

I have derived the BSP for the pcm043 from the BSP of mx31ads and I
copied these definitions too. This seems to be also a problem of mx31ads.

The i.MX31 has a MBX R-S 3D Graphics Core.

2. Before I have released the patch, I have built with bitbake the
minimal-image, opie-image, x11-gpe-image and the xfce46-image for the
pcm043 machine and tested it on the board for a short time.
It is described here:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Phytec_phyCORE-iMX35/Openembedded

All these images don't use the libgles-mx31. Only when I try to build
the illume-image, bitbake reports a missing libgles-mx31.

3. The i.MX35 has an embedded 2D and vector graphics accelerator
targeting the OpenVG 1.1 graphics API and feature set. The libgles-mx31
is for a different GPU. The i.MX35 doesn't need the libgles-mx31.

I have already tried a new patch, where libgles-mx31 is not used, but I
could not build illume-image successfully. It got stuck somewhere else.

I would like to be able to prove that a patch is working on my board,
before I release it.

4. Are you trying to create an image, where libgles-mx31 is missing?

Best regards

Jan