[oe] [pcm043 1/2] New machine pcm043 Phytec phyCORE-i.MX35

Marc Reilly marc at cpdesign.com.au
Fri Mar 4 11:09:44 UTC 2011

Hi Jan,

> 1. I have not found a libgles-mx31 either.

Google doesn't say much about it. From memory (1 day ago :| ) the related
posts were quite old, and it was mainly just wrapping up libs, headers and
precompiled modules that freescale supplied..

> This seems to provide the binary openGL ES library for the i.MX31, like
> libgles-omap3 for the beagleboard.

> 3. The i.MX35 has an embedded 2D and vector graphics accelerator
> targeting the OpenVG 1.1 graphics API and feature set. The libgles-mx31
> is for a different GPU. The i.MX35 doesn't need the libgles-mx31.

I was hoping to look at the libgles recipe and do something similar with the
OpenVG stuff..

> 4. Are you trying to create an image, where libgles-mx31 is missing?

No, but video playback is quite slow, so I was looking for a cheap fix to
speed it up :)

Cheers
Marc