[oe] OE Bugzilla Future

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:33:00 UTC 2011

2011/3/21 Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org>:
> On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 22:08 +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>> I have no interest any more to get rude comments. It brought too much
>> frustration and irritation.
>> And as my work apparently not appreciated, I decided to cut back on my
>> effort, also because I dio not have a home project any more that uses
>> OE.
>>
>> Bash a volunteer often enough and at some point he'll not be
>> volunteering any more.
>> What OE really needs is a more positive atmosphere towards each other.
>>
>> Frans.
>>
>> PS: another reason to wind down my effort is the yocto migration I see
>> going on.
>> I have no interest to become an unpaid resource for Intel and the
>> other LF member companies.
>
> So you dislike rude comments and a lack of positive atmosphere, then you
> yourself make comments like that about Yocto?

This was by no means intended as a rude comment, just a personal note
about why I trimmed down on my activities.
Upon rereading what I wrote, I still do not see the rudeness. However,
if you or anyone else feels offended by it, I apologize.

> a) Yocto != Intel (more so now than ever)

I know. That is why I also wrote other LF member companies.

> b) Don't confuse any communication on Yocto's part to include people in
>   discussion as something else.

Sorry, I reread the above sentence about four times, but I don't understand it.

> c) Yocto isn't asking/telling anyone to work on anything, it is
>   providing plenty of resources to do things itself.

I know. I have never stated that this is not the case. I know LF and
the member companies put quite some effort in it.

> d) None of the above means we don't want to collaborate with anyone
>   else with similar goals or ideas.

I don't think I have ever stated that this is not the case.

Best regards, Frans