[oe] OE Bugzilla Future

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Mar 21 10:08:28 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 22:08 +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> I have no interest any more to get rude comments. It brought too much
> frustration and irritation.
> And as my work apparently not appreciated, I decided to cut back on my
> effort, also because I dio not have a home project any more that uses
> OE.
>
> Bash a volunteer often enough and at some point he'll not be
> volunteering any more.
> What OE really needs is a more positive atmosphere towards each other.
>
> Frans.
>
> PS: another reason to wind down my effort is the yocto migration I see
> going on.
> I have no interest to become an unpaid resource for Intel and the
> other LF member companies.

So you dislike rude comments and a lack of positive atmosphere, then you
yourself make comments like that about Yocto?

a) Yocto != Intel (more so now than ever)
b) Don't confuse any communication on Yocto's part to include people in
   discussion as something else.
c) Yocto isn't asking/telling anyone to work on anything, it is
   providing plenty of resources to do things itself.
d) None of the above means we don't want to collaborate with anyone
   else with similar goals or ideas.

Cheers,

Richard

--