[oe] [2011.03-maintenance] Pull request for new TI machines, angstrom and qt4 fixes

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:57:52 UTC 2011

2011/3/31 Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>:

> On 31-03-11 12:51, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>> Adding new machines on a maintenance branch seems somewhat odd as new
>> somewhat conflicts with maintenance.
>> is this what we want? And if so, what about adding new recipes?
>
> Since you aren't using, developing or supporting 2011.03-maintenance, I
> strongly object to your usage of 'we'.

I don't think you know what I am using, let alone what I am developing
at the moment, or my plans to support things.

Also the we was a general tone of voice meaning "we as OE".

But somehow I guess this is the hostile and unfriendly response to be
expected from you.
Instead of stimulating people to think with you, you bash them away.
And then tomorrow complain that people do not participate.
Now how would that come?

> Furthermore, this isn't the first time that new machines would get added
> to 2011.03-maintenance.

which might not be a good plan either.

> People really should read
> http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/2011.03-maintenance

Which does not speficy what should and should not be added
(apart from:
"Unless specific to code that no longer resides in a non-maintenance
branch (ie master here or oe-core / meta-oe / etc) code must be a
backport and should say where the code already resides (for ease of
review, interoperability checking and so forth). "
)