[oe] OpenEmbedded Core - Ready for extended users

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Tue May 17 09:25:50 UTC 2011

Anders Darander <anders.darander at gmail.com> [2011-05-17 09:04:35]:

> Yes, from that point, Dbus was not the optimal example, I agree...
>
> Though, that was only one example of a package that has either runtime
> or only build-time dependencies on X in some form or another. Earlier,
> in the 2011.03-releases, we had systemd depending on gtk+, which has
> been removed in the lates updates. Thats just another example.

Don't worry, you're not alone in that feeling, actually I think, that we're
quite a large group fighting with this :-) One day the image has 1700 tasks,
after one rebase within a week timespan it grows almost to 3000, don't mention
bluetooth and similar stuff etc. Well, I'm also looking forward to see, how it
will change with oe-core.

-- ynezz