[oe] Insanity

David Thomas david.thomas at microbee-systems.com
Wed Nov 2 13:53:37 UTC 2011

I am new to OE and trying to get this tool chain working has about
finished me off. After struggling with distro issues for 2 weeks I
installed Ubuntu 10... and now
the tools at least seem to work. I am using a OMAP board from
Compulabs and the stable kernel they offer on their website. This is
for a hi-rel application.

However after gating all this way I am now stopped at
HANDHELDS_CVS=cvs://anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.handhelds.org/cvs as it
appears this is no longer available?

update.rc seems to be the hangup. Does it really need to be this
difficult? I am at the point of tossing in the towel and moving in to
some other platform. There are no mirrors?
This is a nightmare and as usual, no solutions seem to be available.

--
Dave Thomas
MicroBee Systems, Inc

This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are
hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to
anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you
have received this message in error, please immediately advise the
sender by reply email and delete this message.