[oe] Insanity

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 2 15:21:30 UTC 2011

Dear David,

Am Mittwoch, den 02.11.2011, 08:53 -0500 schrieb David Thomas:
> I am new to OE and trying to get this tool chain working has about
> finished me off. After struggling with distro issues for 2 weeks I
> installed Ubuntu 10... and now
> the tools at least seem to work. I am using a OMAP board from
> Compulabs and the stable kernel they offer on their website. This is
> for a hi-rel application.
>
> However after gating all this way I am now stopped at
> HANDHELDS_CVS=cvs://anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.handhelds.org/cvs as it
> appears this is no longer available?
>
> update.rc seems to be the hangup. Does it really need to be this
> difficult? I am at the point of tossing in the towel and moving in to
> some other platform. There are no mirrors?
> This is a nightmare and as usual, no solutions seem to be available.

I am sorry, but you do not provide any useful information at all and the
subject is not helpful either. Ȧngström should have mirrors and normally
just following the build instruction’s from the Ȧngström Web site [1] is
all you have to do.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom