[oe] Insanity

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 00:14:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 8:53 AM, David Thomas
<david.thomas at microbee-systems.com> wrote:
> I am new to OE and trying to get this tool chain working has about
> finished me off. After struggling with distro issues for 2 weeks I
> installed Ubuntu 10... and now
> the tools at least seem to work. I am using a OMAP board from
> Compulabs and the stable kernel they offer on their website. This is
> for a hi-rel application.
>
> However after gating all this way I am now stopped at
> HANDHELDS_CVS=cvs://anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.handhelds.org/cvs as it
> appears this is no longer available?
>
> update.rc seems to be the hangup. Does it really need to be this
> difficult? I am at the point of tossing in the towel and moving in to
> some other platform. There are no mirrors?
> This is a nightmare and as usual, no solutions seem to be available.

Are you using oe-core, or oe-classic?  I've been putting together a
simple oe-core build template for several projects, and here is what I
have so far:

http://cgit.bec-systems.com/cgit.cgi/oe-build-core/
http://cgit.bec-systems.com/cgit.cgi/oe-build-core/tree/README

This should build systemd-console-image without any problems, etc.
Let me know if it does not work.

Thanks,
Cliff